Sunday, February 9, 2014

studio sunday

in the studio this week ~

There's been a lot going on in our humble abode these last few weeks. Lots of visitors, lots of work deadlines, Dave starting a new job, lots of friend projects, lots of love with my new fiance. When things get hectic, my first inclination is to rearrange a space in my home.


mini valentine in progress.
i drew dave twice. how creepy with background sketch.

This has been true since I was a wee kid. We moved around a lot growing up, and I became very comfortable switching homes, switching friends (but hanging on to old ones), and trying a new life on every few years.





a snowstorm earlier this week.
this is the view from my home office/bedroom.

As an expert shuffler, I sometimes shift rooms around in an effort to shed old skin and start fresh when I enter a new phase of life.

When we first moved in, we knew we wanted to open our eyes each morning looking at this:


check out flickr for more somerville skies.

Our master bedroom was very large, and also the only room with cable TV. We also shared the space with my studio/office. Dave used the guest bedroom as his office. His desk faced a wall. Mine faces the picture you see above. #winning

So, we decided to move the bedroom into the office, and use the large master as the lounge/office/studio/game room/library/bike storage. Now the bedroom is just a bedroom, as I think it should be. Bedroom is for resting, and I need that right now. Here are few pics of the switch:


my valentine has to see it finished before i can share :)

My desk is the only thing that stayed put.


His and Hers offices





 The bedroom overlooks the fire escape now. It will be loaded with herbs and veggies this summer!!


The view from the bedroom ain't so bad.
I love the widow's peak in the blue center house.
hancock to the left, and pru to the right
kitty tested, kitty approved.

Feeling refreshed and feng shui'ed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment