Tuesday, October 1, 2013

making a pincushion

I'm notorious in these parts for having a very bad habit. Very bad. Sometimes I realize, "Oh darn! I've used up all my needles." Where did they go? On the rug, in my boyfriend's office, on some poor stranger's lap on the T, and Dave's least favorite - in bed :( . Anywho, my brother and I did some antique shopping the other day, and a handful of  tea cups made me swoon. They were smaller than the palm of my hand. 


Instantly I thought of Mimi Kirchner's tiny world pincushions. She is local to the Boston area.


I cut a piece of fabric into a circle about 2" longer than the tea cup diameter on all sides. I rolled cotton into a ball, and wrapped it in fabric, and fastened with a rubber band.


I cut the excess fabric from the top. Easy peasy!




No comments:

Post a Comment