Monday, September 2, 2013

eliza & steve

I know a lovely couple ~ Eliza and Steve. I call her Liza. And sometimes Lize.

Lize and I grew up in the same town. She is delightful ~ a friend I've known and cherished for many years. She is also one of the most talented and driven people I know. Simply put, Steve suits Liza perfectly. He's passionate, driven and fun. They both have a heart of gold, and this summer they got married.


Liza started her own NYC-based plant delivery and curating company a little over a year ago. Being a self-starting, DIY kind of lady, it's no surprise she and Steve asked the people around them to help create an intimate, stylish and SUPER fun evening to commemorate their vows. Liza enlisted friends and family to create an extraordinary chuppah, hair, make-up, styling and the like.

Liza asked if I'd be willing to illustrate her table numbers. I think she was a little surprised at how excited I was at the prospect (mouth open, eyes wide, goofy smile and hands clasped). I love projects. And I love Liza. Easy "yes." She sent me a quick collage of her table inspiration.

Liza and Steve got hitched at MASS MoCA, one of my favorite museums on this spinning globe. My Memere lived in North Adams for ten years, and I came to know the town intimately. I have many fond memories of visiting North Adams' unique galleries with my grandmother, talking about art, love, family, and inspiration. Last January, I took a trip to the Berkshires with my best friend to visit MASS MoCA. I posted a picture of the Xu Bing exhibit on Facebook, and Liza texted me to tell me that's where they'd be getting married in August. I was delighted because the space is so "Liza and Steve" ~ modern, hip, approachable and creative.

So, it's official. I can officially say my work has been accepted into MASS MoCA (...by the hands of the food caterer). NBD.

The table numbers in my studio getting ready for their debut.

Packed snuggly beside the inspiration ~ Eliza and Steve's invitation designed by Eliza..

#3 ~ Surrounded by flowers and wine <3

These lovely guests are my friends. 
The chuppah was more  beautful than any picture of mine captures. It was created from fallen birch trees on her Nana's property in Lake Placid.
The wedding was unlike any other I've been to. And each moment was filled with a beautiful little touch that said "Liza and Steve were here" ~ Sam Adams upon check-in at the hotel, succulents for name plates, and a bag of s'mores for the after party bonfire, just to name a few. I wish I had taken more pictures ~ often forget to do that when I'm sipping cocktails with fine people.

Picture courtesy of The Sill


Phoenix cocktails
Xu Bing + Oscar De La Renta 

*whistles*
<3 
My personal favorite ~ #2 
My sweetheart.
How often does one get a private viewing of the phoenix?
We felt so honored to be included in such a beautiful affair. Mazel Tov Liza and Steve!! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment