Wednesday, August 7, 2013

potting pig plants

I have a fabulous retro piggy planter. She is the sweetest. A couple months ago, I repotted the panda plant she's been carrying around. I've been keeping my eye out for a new plant-dress for her, but nothing spoke to me until I found two baby plants with small green leaves and pink spots.

They perfectly compliment the color and nature of this pig.


The drainage hole on this planter gets clogged pretty easily. During the winter, the soil of the panda plant got a little moldy. I reckon it was due to the build up of moisture, and the lack of sun to dry out the soil. I added some broken terra cotta to the bottom of the planter, and all was well for the remainder of the winter. I do this for all planters now as a best practice. Maybe it's overkill for some plants, but it's easier than having to replant later on. Disclaimer: I am no plant expert.



Good morning, Mr. Sun. Oh, and you too, Flowering Cactus.


No comments:

Post a Comment